Title: Thirty-three miniatures : mathematical and algorithmic applications of linear algebra.
Type: Book Published 2010
items sorted by publication date
Loading availability information
- Document type: Book
- Source: Thirty-three miniatures : mathematical and algorithmic applications of linear algebra / Jiří Matoušek.
- Publication info: Providence, R.I. : American Mathematical Society, c2010.
- ISBN: 9780821849774, 0821849778
- Language: English
- Physical description: x, 182 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Database: MIT Barton Catalog
Summary: Contains a collection of clever mathematical applications of linear algebra, mainly in combinatorics, geometry, and algorithms. Each chapter covers a single main result with motivation and full proof in at most ten pages and can be read independently of all other chapters (with minor exceptions), assuming only a modest background in linear algebra. --from publisher description